blog header

blog header

Saturday 4 May 2013

Complete deck of Combat Cards!

It's taken three years of searching the aethernet but I have finally managed it! Thanks to Mr Mutantdale and Just John at the Bloodforum and numerous ebay sellers the final few goblinoids have slipped into place and so I present a ton of lead ready for painting... now, let's see how long it takes me to get everything nicely done, and can I match the standard of the originals? Set the sights high...



Zugor needs a new sword building , Ylag needs his head chopping off and turning round and a hood building and Grubod and Ulg (being Kev Adams crazy conversions) are going to take a lot of work but I'm pretty sure these are the right starting models. No idea why some of the models have been flipped on the deck, possibly to avoid the edge of the card chopping off bits.



I know there was a horned version of Gublub released but I got the non-helmeted version cheaply so I'll just build one on. Very happy with finding Bogi Dungbreath, those snots were not easy to come by and they ended up being by far the most expensive purchases in the deck... appropriate for the smallest, most crap gamewise!



The thing I'm most scared about is painting the shields, those bad boys are works of art!


Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. Wow, great achievement! I ran into Just John last week at a wee games day we'd organised, and we did a little trading ourselves. Top bloke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and keep us updated :)
    Personally I would go with 80s style basing. you can then write a 3rd ed scenario to go with the band..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scenario is a great idea!

    Good luck with the shields!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good idea... time to get my thinking cap on. When we were playing with the cards I used to divide the deck into Grubod's Royal Orcs and Nabrat's Tribe with Ulg's Gobbos and a handful of Pirate Orcs taking sides as mercenaries. That sounds like a pretty good start to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's some serious dedication to collect all those minis! Good luck painting them all, look forward to seeing the end result. I followed Orlygg's guides when painting my 80s style face shields!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Fimm McCool's

Fimm McCool's